1. Recitation of the Quran with reflection and with understanding of its meanings.
2. Seeking closeness to Allah by performing voluntary deeds after having performed obligatory ones, for that leads one to the highest levels of love.
3. Remembering Allah during every situation – with one’s time, heart and deeds… one’s share of that love is to the degree of one’s share in that remembrance.
4. Preferring what He loves to what you love when your desire are strong.
5. Allowing your heart to reflect on His Names and Attributes.
6. Reflecting on His many favours and blessings, both the apparent ones and hidden ones, for that leads to His love.
7. Having your heart softened as it is worshipping Allah.
8. Being along with Him in worship when He descends during the last third of the night. And it means to invoke Him, to recite His speech, to stand with all sincerity and with good manners and with good submissions, and then to the end that with repentance and with seeking His forgiveness.
9. Sitting with those who are truthful in their love of Allah.
10. Staying away from all that creates barriers between the heart and Allah.